The CAPACS Midyear Board Meeting will be Convened via Secure Zoom Videoconference on Sunday, February 12, 2023
The Commission on the Accreditation of Program in Applied and Clinical Sociology (CAPACS) will convene a secure Zoom videoconference with password and waiting room enabled for the CAPACS Midyear Board Meeting on Sunday, February 12, 2023. For additional information and the results of the Doodle poll, please click on the Doodle link.
The CAPACS Annual Board Meeting will be Convened in August 2023
The Commission on the Accreditation of Programs in Applied and Clinical Sociology will convene the 2023 CAPACS Annual Board Meeting via its license with Zoom videoconference in August 2023, on a date to be determined by the CAPACS Board of Directors in a separate Doodle poll.
Please bookmark this web page and return to the CAPACS website, periodically, for more information.
Zoom Videoconference Procedures
In consideration of our colleagues who reside on the West Coast of the United States and in Johannesburg, South Africa, the scheduled time for the Commission's four-hour meeting is 12:00 - 4:00 pm, Eastern, USA (11:00 am - 3:00 pm, Central; 10:00 am - 2:00 pm, Mountain; and 9:00 am - 1:00 pm, Pacific), which corresponds to 6:00 - 10:00 pm for Johannesburg, South Africa (7:00 - 11:00 pm, during U.S. daylight savings time).
The Commission will email an invitation to CAPACS Board Members who register on its Doodle polls, and will distribute reminders to everyone via email, periodically.
- Zoom Video Communications has established security protocols for conducting videoconferences, including Zoom Meeting Passcodes and virtual Waiting Rooms, which are enabled to “On” by default and associated with the Commission’s assigned Zoom Meeting ID in the invitation.
- The Zoom passcode will be generated automatically in the invitation with the "join URL" to allow only invited parties to join the videoconference from the virtual waiting room. Uninvited parties will be locked-out, reported, and removed.
- For other meetings, such as instant meetings, the Commission’s assigned passcode will be displayed in the Zoom Client or on the Zoom Rooms Controller.
- The Zoom Download Center has Zoom client, browser extension, and plug-in software for scheduling, hosting, and joining Zoom videoconferences in Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Outlook, IBM Notes, and mobile devices. Alternatively, Commissioners can access the Commission’s Zoom Meeting room by navigating to the Zoom website.
- For additional information on Zoom privacy and security enhancements, please click on the following link: Zoom Trust Center | Zoom