The Midyear CAPACS Board Meeting will be Convened via Secure Zoom Videoconference in February 2021
The Commission on the Accreditation of Programs in Applied and Clinical Sociology will convene a secure Zoom videoconference (with password and waiting room enabled) for the Midyear CAPACS Board Meeting on Sunday, February 21, 2021, from 12:00 to 4:00 pm, Eastern (11:00 am - 3:00 pm, Central; 10:00 am - 2:00 pm, Mountain; and 9:00 am - 1:00 pm, Pacific), which corresponds to 7:00 - 11:00 pm, for Johannesburg, South Africa.
The Commission will email an invitation to Board Members who registered on Doodle with the Zoom URL, passcode, and instructions for joining the meeting from the waiting room prior to the scheduled date. Please note the following:
- Zoom Video Communications has implemented new security protocols for conducting videoconferences: Zoom Meeting Passcodes and Virtual Waiting Rooms will be enabled to “On” by default and associated with the Commission’s assigned Zoom Meeting ID in the invitation.
- A Zoom passcode will be generated automatically in the invitation with the "join URL" to allow only invited parties to join the videoconference from the virtual waiting room. Uninvited parties will be locked-out, reported, and removed.
- For other meetings, such as instant meetings, the Commission’s assigned passcode will be displayed in the Zoom Client or on the Zoom Rooms Controller.
- The Zoom Download Center has Zoom client, browser extension, and plug-in software for scheduling, hosting, and joining Zoom videoconferences in Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Outlook, IBM Notes, and mobile devices. Alternatively, Commissioners can access the Commission’s Zoom Meeting room by navigating to the Zoom website.
- For additional information on Zoom privacy and security enhancements, please click on the following link: Zoom | Privacy and Security.
The Annual CAPACS Board Meeting will be Held at the 116th Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association in Chicago in August 2021 (Cancelled by ASA)
On Wednesday, November 18th, 2020, the American Sociological Association (ASA) notified the Commission on the Accreditation of Programs in Applied and Clinical Sociology (CAPACS or the Commission) of the cancellation of “The 116th Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association in Chicago” in August due to the COVID-19 pandemic. ASA will convene its 2021 Annual Meeting virtually between August 7th and 10th, 2021, under the title, “The 2021 116th Virtual Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association.” For more information about the American Sociological Association and the virtual 2021 ASA Annual Meeting, please visit the ASA website.
Accordingly, the Commission will convene its 2021 Annual CAPACS Board Meeting through its license with Zoom. A secure Zoom videoconference with password and waiting room enabled will be scheduled in August 2021. In Spring 2021, CAPACS Board members will be invited to record their preferred dates for the virtual meeting in a Doodle poll. A Zoom invitation with access codes will be emailed, afterward, confirming the date to participate in the virtual meeting. Please bookmark the CAPACS website and/or visit this CAPACS web page, periodically, for updates.