The Midyear CAPACS Board Meeting will be Convened via Secure Zoom Videoconference in February 2021
The Commission on the Accreditation of Program in Applied and Clinical Sociology will convene a secure Zoom videoconference (with password and waiting room enabled) for the Midyear CAPACS Board Meeting in February 2021.
CAPACS Board Members should click on the Doodle link to indicate their preferred weekend date in February 2021, for scheduling the Zoom videoconference. In consideration of CAPACS Board Members who reside on the West Coast of the United States and in Johannesburg, South Africa, the scheduled time for the four-hour meeting is 12:00 - 4:00 pm, Eastern (11:00 am - 3:00 pm, Central; 10 am - 2:00 pm, Mountain; and 9 am - 1:00 pm, Pacific), which corresponds to 7:00 - 11:00 pm, for Johannesburg, South Africa.
Please bookmark this web page and return to the CAPACS website, periodically, to check the date selected for the Commission's Midyear Board Meeting via Zoom videoconference in February 2021.
The Commission will email an invitation to Board Members who registered on Doodle with the Zoom URL, passcode, and instructions for joining the meeting from the waiting room prior to the scheduled date. Please note the following:
- Zoom Video Communications has implemented new security protocols for conducting videoconferences: Zoom Meeting Passcodes and Virtual Waiting Rooms will be enabled to “On” by default and associated with the Commission’s assigned Zoom Meeting ID in the invitation.
- A Zoom passcode will be generated automatically in the invitation with the "join URL" to allow only invited parties to join the videoconference from the virtual waiting room. Uninvited parties will be locked-out, reported, and removed.
- For other meetings, such as instant meetings, the Commission’s assigned passcode will be displayed in the Zoom Client or on the Zoom Rooms Controller.
- The Zoom Download Center has Zoom client, browser extension, and plug-in software for scheduling, hosting, and joining Zoom videoconferences in Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Outlook, IBM Notes, and mobile devices. Alternatively, Commissioners can access the Commission’s Zoom Meeting room by navigating to the Zoom website.
- For additional information on Zoom privacy and security enhancements, please click on the following link: Zoom | Privacy and Security.
The Annual CAPACS Board Meeting will be Held at the 116th Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association in Chicago in August 2021
The Commission on the Accreditation of Programs in Applied and Clinical Sociology will convene the Annual CAPACS Board Meeting at the 116th Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association (ASA) in Chicago between August 7th and 10th, 2021. ASA Meeting Services will provide the Commission with details on the room assignment, meeting date, and location of the CAPACS display table for its informational materials closer to the ASA conference date. Please bookmark this web page and return to the CAPACS website, periodically, for more information.
CAPACS will continue to monitor recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and federal guidance on COVID-19. If the pandemic is not mitigated before the ASA Annual Meeting, the Commission will convene the 2021 CAPACS Annual Board Meeting through its license with Zoom. A Doodle poll will be arranged for Board Members to indicate their preferred date for the meeting in August 2021.